krysta Line Gentle Yag Patient Care Instructions
Precautions Before and After Laser Treatment
- The area being treated cannot be exposed to the sun or sunbed. For 1064 nm wavelength treatment, avoid sun or sunbed exposure for 4 weeks prior, during, and four weeks after treatment. For 755 nm wavelength treatment, avoid sun or sunbed exposure for at least 4 – 6 weeks prior, during and at least 4 – 6 weeks after final treatment. A broad-spectrum (UVA/UVB) sunscreen of SPF 30 or preferably a total sunblock of SPF 50 should be
applied whenever exposed to the sun.
- For laser hair removal, you must avoid plucking, waxing or bleaching hair for 4-6 weeks prior to treatment. Please shave the area to be treated the day or night before your appointment.
During the Procedure
- Safety considerations are important during the laser procedure. Protective eyewear will be worn by the patient and all personnel in the laser room during the procedure to reduce the chance of damage to the retina.
- A cryogen-spray or chilled-air cooling device will be used with the laser to minimize epidermal damage and provide patient comfort. The use of topical anesthesia is optional.
Post-operative Skin Care
- Immediately following treatment, the area may show a slight erythema with some swelling. Blistering may occur. Pigmented lesions will darken, and eventually crust over 4-6 days.
- For laser hair removal, treated hairs will exfoliate or push out in approximately 2 – 3 weeks.
- During the healing phase, the area must be treated delicately. Do not rub, scratch, or pick. If a crust develops, let it fall off on its own.
- Apply a thin layer of aloe vera ointment to the treated area several times a day to keep area moist. Do not scrub the area, pat the area dry. Do not shave over the area if swelling, crusting or scabbing is present.
- If swelling occurs, apply ice. Wrap the ice in a soft cloth. Discomfort or stinging may be relieved with Paracetamol.
- If makeup is allowed, it must be applied and removed delicately. Excess rubbing can open treated area increasing the chance of scarring.
- Avoid sports and/or strenuous exercises for 2–3 days following treatment for hair removal and 7–10 days for veins. Walking is encouraged.
- Avoid very hot baths / showers / steam baths or sauna
- Avoid swimming in strong chlorinated water for 2-3 days
- Don’t use bleaching creams, or perfumed products for 24-48 hrs / avoid exfoliating or peels for 1 week / try to avoid wearing tight clothing for 2-3 days
- In case of signs of infection (pus, tenderness, fever), contact the clinic immediately.
Post-treatment skin care instructions must be followed to prevent any complications.
Please contact the clinic on 0116 2122 484 with questions or concerns regarding your treatment.